The organization of the institute rests upon three pillars: the direction, the scientific committee and the steering committee for the Programme Point Sud.
Direction Point Sud
- Prof Mamadou Diawara (director), Goethe University Frankfurt/Main, Germany
- Dr Moussa Sissoko (co-director), Point Sud, Bamako, Mali
- Dr Marko Scholze (coordinator for the Programme Point Sud), Goethe University Frankfurt/Main, Germany
Committee Point Sud
The activities of the centre are accompanied by an international scientific committee.
- Prof Dr Gerd Spittler (president), University of Bayreuth (retreated), Germany
- Prof Dr Augustin Emane, University of Nantes, France
- Prof Dr Robert Harms, Yale University, United States
- Dr Wilfried Hoffer, Frankfurt/Main, Germany
- Prof Dr Barbro Klein, SCAS Uppsala, Sweden
- Dr Joachim Nettelbeck, Wissenschaftskolleg Berlin, Allemagne
- Dr Stefan Schmid, ZIAF/Goethe University Frankfurt/Main
Steering Committee of the Programme Point Sud
The steering committee concentrates on the Programme Point Sud.
- Prof Dr Rose Marie Beck, University of Leipzig, Germany
- Prof Dr Mamadou Diawara (president), Goethe University Frankfurt/Main, Germany
- Prof Dr Andreas Eckert, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
- Dr Anke Hoeffler, Oxford University, Great Britain
- Prof Dr Bernard Lategan, Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Studies (STIAS), South Africa
- Prof Dr Birgit Meyer, University of Utrecht, Netherlands
- Prof Dr Dieter Neubert, University of Bayreuth, Germany