The organization of the institute rests upon three pillars: the direction, the scientific committee and the steering committee for the Programme Point Sud.
Direction Point Sud
- Prof Mamadou Diawara (Director), Point Sud and Goethe University Frankfurt/Main, Germany
- Prof Tiéman Diarra (Co-Director), Point Sud, Bamako, Mali
- Prof Marimantia Diarra (Administration), Point Sud, Bamako, Mali
- Dr Issa Fofana (Organisation Programme Point Sud), Point Sud, Bamako, Mali
Committee Point Sud
The activities of the centre are accompanied by an international scientific committee.
- Prof Dr Gerd Spittler (president), University of Bayreuth (retreated), Germany
- Prof Dr Augustin Emane, University of Nantes, France
- Prof Dr Robert Harms, Yale University, United States
- Dr Wilfried Hoffer, Frankfurt/Main, Germany
- Dr Joachim Nettelbeck, Wissenschaftskolleg Berlin, Allemagne
Steering Committee of the Programme Point Sud
The steering committee concentrates on the Programme Point Sud.
- Prof Dr Rose Marie Beck, University of Leipzig, Germany
- Prof Dr Mamadou Diawara (president), Goethe University Frankfurt/Main, Germany
- Prof Dr Andreas Eckert, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
- Prof Dr Mirco Goepfert, Goethe University Frankfurt/Main, Germany
- Prof Dr Anke Hoeffler, University of Konstanz, Germany
- Prof Dr Bernard Lategan, Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Studies (STIAS), South Africa
- Prof Dr Birgit Meyer, University of Utrecht, Netherlands
- Prof Dr Dieter Neubert, University of Bayreuth, Germany
- Coordinator: Dr. Marko Scholze, Goethe University Frankfurt/Main, Germany