We have organised five events for the programme period 2009-2010. These included classical conferences as well as a workshop on project development and a field school for young German and African scholars. The content addressed in the interdisciplinary events included such diverse issues as health, urbanism, identity, concepts of order and the phenomenon of multilingualism.
Before the implementation of the first workshop, an international opening conference for the programme was held in Bamako on the subject of scientific co-operation between Europe, America and Africa. The events of the 2009-2010 programme at a glance:
- Doing Research on an Equal Footing: Strategies for Dialog between Africa and the World
- On the Theory and Praxis of Negotiation Processes
- Urban Health in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Pluridisciplinary Research on Language Contact in West Africa
- Urbanity and Belonging in West Africa: Bobo-Dioulasso in its Regional Context