The second series of workshops focused especially on the subject of migration, highlighting new theoretical approaches of “spaces in movement”, discussing mobility and resource utilization as well as the representation of migration on the media. The latter were also the subject of another workshop on new actors and entrepreneurs in the media in Africa, making use of new technologies. This workshop also included a field school for young researchers. Last but not least, the series ended with a workshop on the political regime development in Africa in historical perspective. This venue brought together African scientists from 16 different countries from West-, East- and South Africa.
- Media Appropriations and Mediascapes in Subsaharan Africa
- Spaces in Movement: New Perspectives on Migration in African Settings
- Nomads and Migrants in the Sahara-Sahel Region: Mobility, Resources and Development
- Staying and Leaving – Photography and the Representation of Migration
- Institutional Legacies, Critical Junctures and Political Regime Development in Africa